Booking Your AirPass Reservation
Members who make their travel arrangements at the last minute may enjoy flexibility with last seat availability by booking in unrestricted First (F), Business (J), and Coach (Y) inventories and no change fees.
Members who make their travel arrangements at least 7 days in advance can get 25% off the AAnytime Coach fare by booking in restricted (H) inventory. A $200 fee is deducted automatically for changes, cancellations or no-shows after ticketing.
Upgrading Your AirPass Reservation
Members traveling in coach may upgrade their bookings via normal AAdvantage® upgrade procedures.
- Elite AAdvantage members (AAdvantage Gold®, AAdvantage Platinum®, AAdvantage Platinum Pro® or Executive Platinum®) are eligible for the complimentary domestic 500-Mile upgrades when traveling on an AirPass ticket using the AAnytime Option.
- AirPass members can upgrade using purchased 500-Mile upgrades on any fare under both the AAnytime and PlanAhead options.
AirPass Companion Travel Privileges1
Members are allowed to take one companion with them per flight.
- Companion must travel on the same flight in the same cabin.
- Companion's travel will be deducted from the member's account at the same contracted rates.
- Member will accrue AAdvantage miles in their account for both themselves and their companion.
1/ Eligibility is dictated by corporate contract terms with American Airlines. See your corporate travel manager for details or to verify if your company is eligible for this benefit.
AirPass is valid for travel on AA marketed flights ticketed by American Airlines, on 001 ticket stock. A portion of all travel booked on American Airlines may be American Eagle® service. As of April 15, 2014, American Eagle® service is operated by Envoy Air Inc., SkyWest Airlines, Inc., ExpressJet Airlines, Inc., or Republic Airline Inc.
©2017 American Airlines, Inc. All rights reserved.